The Village of Broughton - Northamptonshire
-This page still under construction-
Church of Saint Andrew's
Clifford Beebe wrote in 1990:
"Broughton is a small village of approximately 2000 inhabitants 13 miles north of Northampton and 7 miles south of Kettering in the Midland section of England. The village, which is removed from the main highway, consists, principally of two streets, High Street and Church Street...... Most of the cottages which formerly had thatched roofs have had the thatching replaced by tile, though a few of the former remain. Other than the changes in the roofs, the cottages are the same as they were in 1893 (the time of a visit to the village by Clarence Beebe). Most homes date back to the 18th century, and one home which we visited had parts dating back to the 13th century."
This page last updated 14th October 2000